Hog Harvest Hands-On Workshop
Learn how to successfully process your own meat. This course will equip you with the skills needed to successfully harvest pastured pork. It will consist of a short lecture followed by hands experience and online resources
Dates: September 9-11th, 2022
October 7-9th, 2022
November 4-6th 2022
Time: Friday 12-5 pm
Saturday 9-5 pm
Sunday 9-12 pm
Location: Grass Grazed Farm
6910 Helena Moriah Rd
NOTE: Saturday we will enjoy lunch and dinner together.
Sunday is optional cooking on farm
Each participant will receive an option to purchase product at a wholesale rate.
Humane slaughter (killing)
• Butchering (break-down)
• Basic principals of smoking and curing
Who should attend:
• Those who are considering raising hogs for their family or for sale and want to gain experience in the butchering process.
• Those who are currently farming or homesteading on a small-scale and would like more information and practice to increase efficiency.
• Notepad and ink pen
• Clothes and shoes you do not mind getting wet (Rubber boots recommended).
• Please bring a cooler to transport your products home.
12 student max. 6 student minimum
Instructors: Derrick and Paige Jackson